Back in January I downloaded instructions for a bag by Angie Hughes and this week I spent a little time making it. The base is black cotton velvet with bling added including Angelina fibres, painted Bondaweb and bright fabrics. All these were overlaid with organza and stitched to within an inch of it's life. I then beaded and finished it off. I'm quite pleased with it myself and can see me making a few more with an alteration or two.
All there is to do with them now is wash them and hope none of the pieces float away, size them up and decide how I'm going to finish the top itself.
Whilst rooting around in a cupboard I found this untouched box of inks waiting to be rediscovered. I love using dip pens so perhaps this is a hint to dig out the nibs again, and perhaps a brush or two.
I have also raided the shredder and made some paper today à la DMTV. I even added some paint to tint a couple of the sheets. They are now drying so will have to wait for the photos of that!
While I was having a wonderful time finishing this and that poor John had the task of moving two tipper truck loads of logs. The truck can only come halfway up the property and John has to move them the rest of the way to the woodshed with the trailer (sometimes we are lucky to rope in a son or daughter!). Even that many only half filled the bay behind him but they won't be used for about three or four years anyway so I expect they could be added to. The middle bay is what we have been using this year and the nearest one is next in line. They joys of being lucky enough to have two rather large wood burners have to be earned and John will be the first in front of one of the fires tonight with his very deserving whiskey!
Have a wonderful weekend!