Monday 10 December 2018

Seasons Greetings!

Yes, it's that time of year already!  I have been busy, honest. Just not inclined to blog much.  Had a fair bit of illness with John having problems with phlebitis and then really nasty sciatica and I've just had my second cough in 2 months and a bit of a nasty fall slipping on the wet tiles. 

In between all the coughing and spluttering I have done a course with Karen Stamper which was lovely and freeing.  I did a few sketchbooks and totally managed to go loose!  Head out of it must be perfect mode!  Great fun.

This was my local town of Wimborne all imaginary perspective and mishmashed together.  Hardly a straight line to be seen.  
I had bought one of the Brooklyn Library Sketchbook Project books and had been wondering what to do so this was a great way of rearranging the pages and filling them.  This is one of my favorite local dog walks at the back of the house. 


Well I sent it off registered, recorded, tracked and everything and it's been in the Brooklyn post office since 28th November.  I've filed a where's my parcel thingy with USPS but no reply.  I'm hoping it will turn up with all the Christmas brouhaha.  Eventually.

I've been super brave and sorting this. 

and this 

and you wouldn't believe the stuff I've thrown out.  Well if you're a creative perhaps you would.  I'm about half way round but other things have been in the way.  I had the most ridiculous amount of acrylic paints for a non painter. 

I've sorted them into no good, nearly no good and must be used and then colour families and it's nice to know I am fairly consistent in the same colours I keep buying! 

I also unearthed this full 100 box of Oakshott fabrics.  
 Totally embarrassed about that one.  

We've had Grandpup Remi to stay a few times.  They're only allowed on the bed for a bit in the mornings once their blanket is pulled up.  
Good job we have a super king bed. 

Also had the Grands over to stay for the first time on thier own which was great if very tiring! You forget how much energy they take. But I hope they had fun.  

John has just about started moving again and this is the most common view I have of him at the moment.  We now have 3 bikes in various stages in the garage. 


He loving it so much.  He is a superb engineer and all the details have to be just right!  

This week Ive been mostly making Cosy Collars as beautifully modelled here by Elsa. 

They are selling rather well!  First day's postage. 

There are some left and more fabric on the way! All proceeds to GSP Rescue UK of course. All 8 varieties available HERE with a couple of new colours and camouflage coming soon. 

Other than that we've been doing lots and lots of lovey walks with friends 

and generally living life as best we can in between the storms, coughing and fleece orders.  Some days are just.....


Hope you're all keeping warm between the Christmas shopping and everything else this time of year brings.