Saturday 6 April 2019

Climbing Back onto the Planet

Two blog posts this year. It's April. Oh well, the world doesn't stop turning just because I haven't blogged! Thank you for the where are you messages. I've just been in a funny place since last January which seemed to come to a head this year but I'm hoping to start feeling myself very soon!

I have been pottering along with making a few bits this year.  No pressure, just going with the flow if I felt like it. The day after we suddenly lost Ruger I had to leave for the NEC and Crufts.  I was going to cancel but it would have been last minute, I would have let friends down but most of all I would have let the rescue dogs down.  Not all dogs have a lovely life like Ruger did so I took him along in my heart.

Some dog quilts I made for the Rescue to raffle. 

The team on the stand.

Evie and Baylor seemed to know I needed comforting and every time I sat down, I was sat on! 

The lovely Clare Balding. 

Ruger came home, much to my relief.  It does seem strange how a little box can somewhat fill his presence again. 

Elsa brought him a lovely tree to plant.  It's an apple tree, he did love his rapples so much. 

There was also Craft4Crafters at the end of February which I went to with Maggie Grey and Fiona of D4Daisy and the WoWBooks. 

Some pieces I made to demonstrate transfer to fabrics, two books and a panel.

I used one of my bird skulls to make a 3D piece in one of my lovely chunky frames.  It seems a bit dark and sombre but perhaps that's where my mind has been lately.  I like it very much though. 

And in the frame with glass.

Another dark piece I made was a book repurposing pictures. 


I also made another driftwood piece as a gift for friends. I can really get carried away with these!!

The village pub has been taken over by new tenants and there are several events up the new Landlady's sleeve like learning to hand tie a bouquet for Mother's Day! It was a lovely evening. 

A friend and I have started a Crafty Cuppa morning once a month in the pub too and it was lovely to sit around a table with others drinking loads of tea and munching homemade cake! 

Next week I'm back to Kingcombe for a few days retreat with Wendy Dolan. I know the food will be OTT but the company will be fun and i can worry about eating too much another day!

Back soon!!