Sunday, 7 October 2012

And.... Relax

I've not had a good week.  Last Sunday we had a few problems to sort out and I become a little stressed.  On Monday I certainly was not my usual self and by Friday John insisted I went to the doctors, it does tend to take me an age to convince myself I may need help.  Doctor had me sent to Salisbury A&E under threat that if John couldn't drive me there quick enough he was to call 999 to go via ambulance.  Many hours later, x-rays, blood tests and an endoscope it was confirmed I have been bleeding internally and was very anaemic.  I'm home now and John is stuffing me with red meat, green vegetables and Guinness!  Boy oh boy do I feel tired though, falling asleep at the drop of a hat.  I'm fed up with the vertigo and the vagueness of sometimes not even knowing the simplest word, but things are starting to improve!!!
 
I've not been able to do much in the craft world, well not as much as I would like considering I have been very much in duck mode!  I have just put a little paint on the piece below.  This has been on my wall for an age and I am so hoping to finish it!  I had a bit of a block with a certain part of it but all will be revealed in good time.  It will have to talk to me a little more first. 


 The Christmas top has had a little of the quilting done.  Instead of feathers I have stitched holly leaves, you can just make them out.  I will give these a little lift with paint too at some stage.


And the bliss of my favourite season is lighting the fires.  I think everyone else seems to agree too.  Ruger is on the rug in front of these three.  It's not a bad place to try and recuperate really. 


Have a good week ahead.


.

24 comments:

  1. I hope you start to feel better. I'm praying for your complete recovery.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. Hopefully they won't find any complications now. Upside is I lost 4lb in a week, downside is I'm freezing!! lol

      Delete
  2. So sorry to hear you're not well Amanda, anaemia is not fun. I'm glad they sorted you out before it got anymore serious so have a good rest and get well really soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh please take care of yourself, have to chuckle though about the Guinness. When we were living outside of Dublin in Maynooth, we would take little day trips out and about and would see the " Drink Guinness for Your Health" painted on the village pubs walls on the street side walls! Get better fast!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I couldn't take iron tablets when pregnant and the doctor said I had to have half a pint of Mackeson and blackcurrant twice a day. It did the job! I do prefer Guinness though. lol

      Delete
  4. My goodness, it was a good job that John persuaded you to go to the doctors. I'm glad to hear that you are improving. I love the quilting on the piece with the tree. Not cold enough here to light fires yet - perhaps I shouldn't have said that! Take good care of yourself.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Maggi. I hope you will enjoy more warmer weather for a while longer yet. I think I could be back in Spain at the moment and still be cold though!!

      Delete
  5. Poor you, get that Guiness down you superquick and get well soon. Do you have a problem with your thyroid too I wonder? Some lovely work going on there despite all the illness.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Am sure the Guinness will help! Hope you feel better very soon.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks Shirley. Blood tests start again today. Peptic ulcer is in the lead at the moment as a cause.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Well, I don't like that you have gone anemic, but being encouraged to drink Guiness is not too bad a deal! Stay down by the fires and get better!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Funnily enough I do think of you with each glass Maggie!!

      Delete
  9. Oh gosh....I'm so sorry to hear you've been poorly! I hope things soon get sorted for you. Take good care of yourself.
    I really like the painted/quilted tree...so clever!
    XX
    PS Thank you for coming to visit my new site ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Linda. The site is looking good, quite a step forward!!

      Delete
  10. I hope you're well on the way to recovery now. Thank you for visiting my blog. Your quilting is magnificent.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh Amo, good job John made a fuss!! Look after yourself! Lovethe tree and the holly leaves. It looks very cosy at your place!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't 'do' doctors, except this year it seems. I guess growing older needs more maintenance. :-( And yes, FV is always cosy and comfy and a lovely place to be. :-)

      Delete
  12. It was lovely to find your comment and I have just been admiring all your quilting and sewing in your gallery, fabulous work.
    Sorry to hear you are not well, take care and hope you feel better soon and can get back to the sewing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Milly, your lovley walks are always a nice read.

      Delete
  13. Sorry to hear you are not well, and trust that you will regain your strength soon. Relaxing in front of the fire sounds like a good idea.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Love the fires Shirley. Even in the summer I have been known to light candles in them so the effect is there but no heat!! lol

      Delete
  14. Oh dear, what a terrible time you've had. Thank goodness they've found what was wrong and you are on the road to recovery. (Sorry for the late post but I've not had time to read my blogs lately and am just going through them all now). Take care and look after yourself.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting, it is much appreciated. I will email you back so please check you are not a no reply blogger.