Over the summer I started just playing with some fabrics and layering them up and adding lots of stitch and beading with the thought of making a sample book which was used by the gentry to choose the fabrics and adornment they wanted for their clothing.
I finally finished it last week. 7.5 inches square.
The covers and back sides of the concertina were clothing pictures printed onto fabric and free stitched. The cover has a little gold paint on it too.
The zig side.
The zag side.
And the back side.
Lots of pieces of silks and velvets.
Fringing and slashing.
And beads with lace.
I really enjoyed the non structure of it and making it up as I went along. A nice little thing to pick up and put down.
Last Saturday we had a little celebration.
Who can resist a piece of cake!!
We're just about to start warming the sofas up for a bit of the Six Nations. I hope you all have a wonderful weekend.