As you can see I printed them as precut page sizes so then went ahead and stitched them.
They made the pages for the brown book. The other has heavy cartridge paper inside.
The centre panels were the results of the video I made and then showed for Workshop on the Web.
I've had the handmade felt for ages and it was so nice to have a resaon to use it at last!
The insides and backs are matching silk and I used a wonderful vintage heavy twist silk for the stitching from the spool in the photos.
I've had a few enquiries about them already but I'm not ready to sell them just yet. I'm in two minds about including them for the exhibition in March. They are my art too after all!
I had a quote for frames for the Rockpool pieces and a) it was astronomical for such small pieces and would add too much to the price once the gallery commision was added and b) the size of the frames were totally disproportionate. John and I went to our local timber merchant and picked up some finished battens and made some ourselves. I think they do actually finish the little canvases quite nicely.
The thin slither of wood is much kinder to the size of the canvases too.
I personally don't even think the wood needs painting or liming either. I may give them a clear wax for protection though. Apologies for the colour of the photos, it's tipping it down outside and the lights just do horrid things to the shadows.
Willow is again 100% and up to her usual mischief!
And I had a lovely visit from my beautiful Birthday Boy this week whilst his mum raided the garden for bits!
Back in the studio today to carry on with the coursework. Nearly there!!
Have a great weekend.