Monday 10 July 2017

Oh Deer

Reindeer to be precise.  I did another stab along and did this guy.  He's 18 inches from nose tip to antler top.  


There was the option to add a red nose.  I chose not to but he will showing an appearance just at that time of year.

Other projects have included this hoop for my embroidery group.  Theme of the sea.

Lots of encrusting and beads.

Also a bit of nice slow stitch using up some odd bits onto a little scroll.  I see a few of these in my future.  

This crochet bag made a change from knitting in the evenings.  As I did it using DK yarn rather than chunky I did a few extra rounds to make up the size.  There are pockets all around inside, some I stitched to make channels for needles and hooks so they don't become lost in the bottom. I think I will make a smaller version too.  A great way of using all the leftover yarn from the grandchildrens knitting! The pattern is HERE

The Blackbirds flew the nest on 1st July and I just missed them go! They had regular postings on my Facebook page and I was a little sad I didn't have a photo of them leaving.  I hope they have all fully fledged now.  

I have also been in training again as I will be doing another walk in October with Elsa and my friend Natalie.  Not as far this time, just down the Test Valley.  This time GSP Rescue UK will be the 80% beneficiary.  The other 20% goes to the Rotary Club who are the organisers.  

We have a shiney new Justgiving page if anyone would like to donate.  Every pound helps and I am very grateful if you do give to us.  We haven't started nagging people yet but there will be a little nearer the time.  https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/amoelsanat

I have the pleasure of lunch out today and a broken filling to sort asap.  Have a great week.