Monday 9 October 2017

Garland Finish and Walkies!

I started a pick up and go project HERE back in June and I've just made a last dash to finish it.  


Of course I adapted some of the patterns suggested at Shiny Happy World and included some beads and sequins.  I made double the amount to give a set to Elsa too.  Quite pleased with it but I'm now short of a pick up and go!! I'm sure I'll think of something in no time! 

While in Ireland I actually bought myself something. 



Not just an enormous cotton reel but actually....

The amount of times we go away and I come back with the same money in my purse as I don't seen anything worth buying.  I'm a terrible shopper at the best of times and being confronted with often unnecessary, imported tourist stuff turns my blood cold, but this I quite liked. Kitchen roll is so you see the size better.

Yesterday was the day of our sponsored walk for GSP Rescue UK.   Please note the fantastic patches on the backs of the dog coats made by the lovely Benta at Slikstitches!! 

It was perfect weather especially as we took the dogs too.  

They looked very smart in their jackets but it was soon quite warm and they were stripped off so they could have a bit of a run too.  

Our local newsreader, Sally Taylor MBE, was there walking with another group and she came over and made a great fuss of the dogs as she owns a GSP too! We finished 12 miles in just over 4 hours which was good going as it included a few pup stops as well.  



My hips and knee are protesting quite a bit today but the toenails seem ok this time! 



We have raised a fantastic amount for the charity, thank you if you have given. The Rotary Club have 20% but they put on a superb walk, well stewarded and catered for and deserve it.  The 80% goes to our dogs.  There have been 30 helped this year so every penny counts! Just Giving page HERE.

Now to clear away the felt bits and start something new and not get too excited about Ally Pally at the end of the week!