Saturday 29 December 2018

So That Was Christmas

And it's all gone for another year.  We had a lovely time with the family.  The Grands are really getting into the spirit of it all now and it's good to see them enjoying it all. 

On Christmas Eve we walked to the church for the Children's Service. All the readings were done by local children and at the crib scene they asked for all the children to come up to sing Away in a Manger.  I was so proud that little Olivia went straight up there and joined in, even in wellies and a unicorn hat! 

The gifts I have been making have now all been given.  There were crochet fingerless gloves. 

And matching cowl. 
I've made quiet a few of these in lots of different colour ways but they were snaffled as last minute pressies before I could take photos!

I also made 70, yes seven zero, in fleece in the couple of weeks before Christmas!! It was a last minute thought, like you do, and they were sold for the GSP Rescue UK charity.  

I only have 12 left so not bad going!  My little Elves, John and Joe, did amazing jobs getting them out there. Mind you I don't want to seal another envelope again for a while. I will have to stock up a few ready for Crufts in March.

There was also glass gifts from the Linda Rowe days. I must use up some of my own glass and fire up the kiln! 



A wave for surfer son Chris

And mountains for ultra runners Elsa and Mike

And some Robins, trees and baubles for each of us.



I think my favorite thing was the driftwood harbour I made at a Michelle Clements-Davies workshop. 
I adored making it and have gathered a fair bit more suitable wood and materials so will probably put a few more together. 

After all the makes for others I finished off the Helen Shrimpton Mandala Madness.  

I stopped a little short of the complete pattern but it was an unfussy row with no frills etc. and as it's 58 inches across more than enough for a lap throw. 

Having eaten too much and exercised too little we are now on a damage limitation diet! I'm going to try my best to not be ill in 2019, though who knows what can be thrown at you after this past year! John currently is suffering with chesty cough, having managed to overcome his sciatica and phlebitis, so he's also hoping to leave that in this year too! 

My word(s) for the coming year is Use It Up as I have already been incorporating that into as much as possible as I can even with a # in Instagram now and then. 

From this House household to yours, have a wonderful, peaceful, healthy and creative 2019 and thank you for reading. X