We have been gradually recovering this week. Mind you we still managed to fit in a good trip around the more local Hampshire open studios, a rather lovely lunch out and the Stock Gaylard Oak Fair.
I've been up for a few early mornings and in the studio. I hope I'm not the only one that like early mornings and find more things are done better then!!
I finished the two books with the layered silks. Some old bits of lace I tea dyed around the edges and beaded onto a felt base.
I also added beaded fobs. They are about A4 size.
I know it may not look like there is too much stitching as it's all in a very neutral pallet but I can assure you that there is. I started with 33 straws from Mulberry Silks and I have 8 almost depleted ones left. And don't you love the wrong side of MoP buttons just as much as the front?
(You can tell I've got the hang of the photo shrinking can't you?!?!)
This morning I layered up some of the silks I have received from the Thread Studio Silk Club onto another piece of felt.
I have been travelling around forever with my little point and shoot taking it's chances in the bottom of my bag. It could explain why I seem to go through so many cameras! A new case has been on my todo list and today it became a todone!
And, I must include this. John is also a little fiddler. We have run out of space for cars for him to rebuild and so he has moved on to lawn mowers. I must admit they are far more easy to accommodate!! This is a rather rare Kubota he found on Ebay recently.
To be honest, I tell a lie. What he bought bears no resemblance to this mower! It was a non working wreck. It has now been totally stripped, de-dented, de-greased and rebuilt and it now mows like a good mower should.
Some men spend money playing golf gaining a score card and backache. John has the satisfaction of a working item that has great resale potential! Not sure what he will find next to tinker with but it won't be golf clubs! lol
Have a great August Bank Holiday.