Saturday, 25 January 2014

Doing Well So Far

Yesterday I managed to put some of these materials together.  This is a collection of items from The Thread Studio's Needlefelting  Club.

A little layering with the prefelt, wool and scrim.

A scoot around with the embellisher.

Today I stitched over the top with the sewing machine which made it dome slightly.  I wanted to add another element and first was going to use copper sheet but thought this brass mesh was nicer.  Because of the doming of the fabric I also dapped the mesh circles into domes.  Cute eh??

They were stitched on, a plus side to the mesh though the copper sheet would have stitched too.

After adding some beads I have now started to layer them onto another prefelt I have run through the embellisher with some more of the wool and a chiffon overlay.

As I'm running on 3 hours sleep a night at the moment I think I will put this aside and pick it up again tomorrow now.  I'm used to erratic sleep patterns but also know when stopping is a better option than picking out stitches the next day!!! 

.

13 comments:

  1. You are doing well with this Be Creative challenge Amanda, especially on so little sleep. Did you use a heat gun on the mesh? It's an interesting technique and I can see it being useful to describe sea shapes, shells and even lichen.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No heat but it's easy to shape, especially with the block.

      Delete
  2. Lovely Amanda. I love the embellisher, but I guess you already know that ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Myfanwy. I have mine out on a mobile trolley now so I actually remember I have it to use!!

      Delete
  3. Gorgeous combination of colours and I really like the added dimension that the brass mesh gives, plus the hand stitching around the circle.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dale chose the colours really as they were in her pack but they are lovely.

      Delete
  4. Looks pretty good so far. Your stitching is so neat. Hope you are ok.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Actually feeling rather good thanks Shirley!! May be due to the imminent arrival excitement!!! lol

      Delete
  5. These are looking gorgeous, but sorry, every time I look at them, I see nipples! Very attractive ones, actually!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. John did ask if they were going to be tassels when I put the beads on. lol

      Delete
  6. Ah...I think I'm working backwards! Lovely to see these stages; looks like a very enjoyable activity!
    Hope the health is good Amanda. x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting, it is much appreciated. I will email you back so please check you are not a no reply blogger.