Saturday, 11 January 2014

Three Little Books

Those book parts I readied last week have now been made into books.

This first one is 8.5 cm x 11 cm.  Board, gold leaf, beads, leather and metal elements. 30 double sided antiqued pages.



And it opened.  It has a beaded page marker but I don't seem to have photographed that.

This one is the same with silver leaf and some turquoise chips added.

And you can see the page marker here.

And finally this one is the same size again with a mix of metal leaf.


Open again.

They are all going into the Dorset Art Weeks box and if I don't sell them then they can go onto Etsy.  All the money from small items like these will be going towards the Dorset and Somerset Air Ambulance and Combat Stress charities so hopefully someone will like them!

I bought myself one of those photographic tent things quite cheaply to try and help with my appalling photographic skills.  These were all taken with my point and shoot on auto, it certainly evens out the tones and glare! It even came with some little lights.  Very pleased with it.

Have a great weekend!


.



14 comments:

  1. These are so beautiful. I can't imagine them not selling.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful art books, you are very talented and how good the money goes to that cause.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Amanda, I haven't commented on your blog before, but I had to say how I loved those books! The covers look quite sturdy, what do you use for them please? It must be something that us reasonable to cut, as you've made such interesting rough edges. Lovely work.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are a no reply poster Virginia so if my message didn't find it's way to you I've posted here too. Thank you for coming over to comment, it’s always nice to hear from new people. The little books are lovely to make too. These covers are just on a grunge board base. Even the sewing machine doesn’t mind it.

      Delete
    2. Thanks Amanda. I have heard of Grunge board - Maggie Grey does a lot with it, but I've never found any - I live in New Zealand. Perhaps Dale Rolleston (The Thread Studio, as amazing site) carries it. I'm more of an embroiderer than a book maker but you books were a delight. Hope your weather has improved - you'd had a pretty awful time, hadn't you.

      Delete
    3. Try looking for Greyboard in the artist section of a shop or hobby store, it's along with the mountboards. It's the same stuff. I don't think Dale does carry it though she does have products that are made with it.

      Delete
  4. These are lovely! And the photos look great.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the books and such a worthy cause. I often see the air ambulances as there is a hospital right behind where I live and they come over very low.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fab books and the photos have come out well, well done Amo x

    ReplyDelete
  7. These are lovely I particularly like the silver and turquoise one. Your photography tent has worked very well.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Amanda, the books are beautiful. I can see you put a lot of effort into them; surely they will sell easily. I adore the turquoise one.....I'd like a tiny version for a necklace :-)
    Now...a photography tent? You got me intrigued......
    X

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Amanda, I just found your blog this morning. Those books are just beautiful. I have never heard of a photography tent before but if it makes January pictures better, more power to it's elbow!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely books, love all the details like the page finder . Small books are always so nice, a pleasure to see them. A bit late but Happy New year and hope all turns out well . Take care.x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi amanda nice to catch up with you again. I love your books, so beautiful and creative.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting, it is much appreciated. I will email you back so please check you are not a no reply blogger.