Sunday 4 January 2015

A UFO Finish!

Finally, after a long time of dragging it out and putting it away again I have finished the hexi quilt. Of course now it's done I do actually like it.  It's a nice little size 42 x 35 inches, and all done by hand.  I tied the centres of the diamonds and quilted down the centre of the joining strips.  It shouldn't shift too much as it has a poly wadding that also gives the little hexagons a nice poof.

I finished the edges off with extra hexagons, in no particular order, turned to the back and stitched down.

The list is growing much shorter!

1) Olivia's knitting

2) 
Mystery No 4. Still waiting.

3) The Travellers Blanket 

4) My Tweets

5) Lady of Shalott

6) Aunt Sukey

On to the next thing.

Surgery on a penguin.

It was supposed to be a Tuffy but it lasted all of 5 minutes.


Have a great week.