Thursday 18 February 2016

A Bit of Work and a Bit of a Party

I have been twiddling around with this and that this past week or so.  I'm trying to get together some samples for a little demoing with Maggie Grey in April at the Brockenhurst Needlework Fiesta.  A small but very popular show local to me in the New Forest.  I have also done some pieces with my pastels which has been a lovely change.  A friend of mine recently lost her dog so I have done a portrait, I will show you when she has received it. 

Karren and I went to the opening of the Snowdrop Festival Art Show last week.  I really do struggle with these 'professional' people left to hang these exhibitions!  These were my snowdrops.  


A good position but hanging on one wire so they sort of flopped any which way.  At least they were eye levelish and you could see the stitching, if you were average height that is. This was the hanging of the Erosion pieces last year.


I'm 5ft 7ins and had 2 inch heels on. What can I say.  They are now with the third one in L'Artishe Gallery in Swanage for the whole of next month.  I hope they are at a level where they can be viewed as stitchwork, I think the owner is more sympathetic than the other hangers.

Yesterday we had a delightful little Fairy arrive on the doorstep! 


She had had a very exciting morning!! (Please note Elsa's lovely embroidery hoop work on the wall!!)


She is 2 already! 

We had a lovely lunch and a Peppa Pig cake (John thought it didn't taste of bacon enough). 

I think these events will start to be a little more exciting from now though.  At Christmas when she stayed, Olivia had one last pressy to give us on Christmas morning. 

Very excited and happy for Elsa, Mike and Olivia. 

She did have to leave yesterday having morphed into a pixie by hiding behind the chair. 

I'm not sure if the door to fairyland is actually there, but you never know!