Saturday 4 November 2017

Quick Round Up

I've had a busy couple of weeks.  I've made sure everything for the exhibition next week is ready.  Not that I'm showing much more than a few books but there are three other artists and it should be a good showing. 


I also made three sets of these cute Scandi style advent stockings and I'm auctioning them on one of the dog sites for the GSP Rescue trust. Fiddly but mindless to do.  


A doggy friend had a 50th birthday so I made her a tweed A5 notebook cover with her pointer and labrador on the front. Sadly her beautiful Pointer died the day after, he was a much loved elder statesman of our group.  

My Wimborne branch of the West Country Embroiderers didn't have a web presence and it was a little frustrating not having anywhere to check up on dates etc so I built one for them and it is now live  HERE.  I really quite enjoyed putting it together and I think they're all pleased with it.  

On a dog walk recently I had this little nest fall infront of me.  

It's too small for a robin so probably Finch or Dunnock.  You can tell it was in a tree next to the horse field from the horse hair and baler twine! So beautiful and delicate but strong enough to raise a brood. 

This tiny, beautiful little pup annoying Ruger on her first day...


is 6 today!!! Though she's a very grown up and sensible dog, she still has her moments.  Love you Ellie pup!!!! 


I also wrote and hosted a Pub Quiz at our local on Halloween and I think it went rather well.  Lots of positive comments and money raised for the fund for the refurbishment of the loos into disabled access.

I'm off the rustle up some cards for the gallery next week.  Have a good weekend!!