Tuesday 28 November 2017

More Catchup

I've been MIA for a few weeks because it's just been one of those times!  I had 2 weeks exhibiting in Shaftesbury again with Karren Burkett and Andrea Jenkins, painters, and Colleen du Pon a blacksmith.  For some reason the planets aligned and though I only stewarded for three and a half days every other meeting, appointment, event, coffee or anything to keep me away from home seems to of happened then too.  I was constantly in the car going somewhere.  These are from the PV evening. 




I sold a lot of my little books so will have to make more of those for the Art Weeks next year.  I had to make a couple of batches of cards too.  I think I have one left.  Here's the second lot.

In the few moments I managed to snatch I completed a few C Word gifts including these bling collars.

and hand stamping over 20 metres of Santa Paws wrapping paper for the GSP Rescue charity! 

I hope you can make out the pointer head with hat on, my own design of course!! 

This week saw the launch of the all new Workshop on the Web format!! It's gone from a quarterly online magazine to a half yearly book with online extras including videos.  

Here's a few snippets with articles by Hilary Beattie

Laura Edgar

As well as Caroline Bell, Angie Hughes and of course Maggie Grey.

There an interview with Jan Beany and Jean Littlejohn and an article by me on Soluables.

Maggie will be starting a course in January to join in with and there's plenty going on online with it's very own website with access via the magazine and Facebook page. It's thicker than any high end American magazine and it's not pages and pages of adverts!! Worth every penny.  If anyone would like to buy one I have a few copies here, just message me. 

I have also decided to start having a clear out and have popped a few things in my Folksy store.  These may change as I will be doing the Art Weeks next year so will be making more for that.  I haven't figured out long distance postage yet but it could be done! I will put the gadget thing back in the side menu but a link is HERE

Other than that Ruger has had a few lumps removed so he's back to the vets for the stitches out today, I've had all my hair cut off and I'm learning sign language again with a deaf awareness group at the pub as the landlords daughter is profoundly deaf and we all thought it would be nice to learn.  I did it many, many years ago as part of Duke of Edinburgh and can just about do an alphabet still!  Must learn more.  

Right, off to stamp more paper as another order has come in before vets and if I don't do creative again soon I will pop!!