Sunday 10 December 2017

The Dread C Word

Well this past week I decided to just get on with Christmas.  There.  Now it's December I can say it without shuddering.  Almost.

I was fed up with the wrapping paper in the bottom of the wardrobe always being a mess so I made a hanger thing with pockets to hang in there instead. 


I think I may tighten the elastic on the pockets a little but it is nice to be able to see whats in there without a fight. 

All the cards have been bought and sent. Then I saw this post HERE by Gina Ferrari so had a go at making a dozen. 

OK, so no good for this year but they're all packaged up and put away for next year.  Probably for the village Christmas Fare or something, if I don't lose them like I seem to have done with a load of printed ones.   

Please don't tell me I'm the only one making things now that will do for next year as it's too late for this? 

I also finished my little piece I started in a Fay Maxwell workshop back in September.  


It was an enjoyable little thing to do and has finished at 8 inches so I'll probably mount it onto a sketchbook slip. 

So I'm quite pleased I have finished the horror of Christmas shopping all bar a few bits and my lists have lots of ticks beside them.  My desk is sort of clear and I think I can try a few new things. I feel quite happy! We might find the decorations over the next week sometime.  Maybe. 

I must say a HUGE congratulations to Daughter Elsa who was told last week she passed her Masters with merit!! So proud of her!! It was a long 5 years and she did it all holding down a job and producing two beautiful babies too! Wonder Woman if you ask me. 

Have a good week. 

PS Darren, I've been using the infamous blue felt you'll be pleased to hear!