Wednesday 24 January 2018

Using it Up

I have started a new piece this week. Its quite large for me and should end up at 24 inches square. One thing Elsa found and brought round to me one day was a rather large bag full of all the cross stitch threads I had used over the years. Believe me when I tell you I have loads of end of project threads! I’ve gone from the days of saving literally every single inch I could as I didn't have the spare cash to buy more to now just throwing them all at a project to finally use them up. Its really quite liberating!


These pieces I have sewn onto so plastic canvas for a bit of body and structure.
  

I’m now merging them into the background using up more stuff I've hoarded. Lovely work to do whilst in brain still not working right mode. 

I’ve been putting the photos on my Instagram page, Amo107, and using the #useupthecraftstuff. Feel free to use it too! 

I am waiting for another call from the hospital as I urgently need an iron transfusion apparently.  Iron is far too low, explains brain not working, and they need it higher before they operate. I’m downing enough iron tablets a day to go rusty already.  

All a waiting game, not able to plan and January has all but gone.