Tuesday 27 March 2012

Recovery

Phew, what a weird week I've had!  I wasn't feeling well as you know from the last post, but it has taken all this time to be able to do something simple like walk up to the top of the garden and back without having to sit for ten minutes in the G&T hut. Not sure what it was but hopefully it's gone now.

I had managed to put together this play quilt for a baby.

But seeing as he hasn't actually arrived yet (due this week) I thought I'd better put in a fleece cuddle blanket and some matching burp cloths for a new born.  They are so quick to make and lovely and soft.

When I've had the energy I've done a little tidying and actually managed to clear the space in front of the door that goes out from my studio into the little courtyard.  In the winter the door is not used so it attracts all sorts of things that can just sit there for a while.  I remember once hearing someone say that if you put a newspaper down on a surface before long other things are attracted to it and you end up with a little pile of bits around it.  I have seen this happen!  Good job we don't have papers any more.

Not too much on for us this week so perhaps some pottering in the garden in between the pup training.  It's so tempting to start the garden too early when the weather is this lovely.  Two years ago we had a glorious March and snow in April and we lost so much fruit blossom.  I'm sure the garden centres are rubbing their hands together in glee at the thought of all the things they have to sell twice. The tomato plants can stay in the house until I can put them out in the greenhouse next month.

I hope your week is full of things you want to do.

.