Saturday, 3 March 2012

Bereft!

I have just clicked 'send' to Laura with my last module of the City & Guilds.

I was full of needing to to other things a couple of weeks ago and was going to put the C&G aside and do them, then I had a change of heart.  If I carried on with them, the C&G folder would still be there, on the corner of my desk, glaring at me.  A feeling I have been almost dreading each time I picked something up that wasn't anything to do with it.  I girded my loins and hit the last couple of modules hard.

I think (hope) I succeeded.

Now just to wait on the results of 17 months of course work, mostly thoroughly enjoyable, but sometimes frustrating in being there when other things needed doing.  Not the course's fault!! I'm just not of the natural scholarly type and tend to buck the traces now and then.

Now that list of things needing doing.....

Totally out of reach and inaccessible in my head.

I can't think of anything that was on it!

Good job I have it written down in a notebook.

Somewhere.

It can wait.

A glass of celebratory wine calls.

Now did I cover everything that needed doing..........?


.

15 comments:

  1. Well done to you. I have just been sitting looking at the last module having had it for a week now - we are not bonding and I suspect it is unlikely that we will do.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not bonding, haha! I enjoyed the appliqué quilt more than the pieced one. Had they been the other way around I think mine would have still been sitting there too. Come on Maggi!! The goal posts are just in front of you!!

      Delete
  2. Good Luck with your City and Guilds I am sure you will do well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Shirley, always nervous waiting.

      Delete
  3. Well done Amanda, congratulations on finishing your C&G. Allow yourself a little smug smile and enjoy the wine!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Julie. Not quite smiling yet, more throwing a lot of 'what if's' and 'did I's' in John's direction! lol The wine was good though.

      Delete
  4. Oh yes, celebrate indeed. I know that sudden loss of direction as well. You are right about having a list to get you back on track. You'll find it soon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've had the worst night sleep in ages. Instead of waking up and then going back to sleep thinking of what I was going to do later that day, there was blank! Quite peculiar. I will just fret about the results now, and then scare myself stupid about what will be put on the website. And I must find that list!!

      Delete
  5. Well done Amanda, and I'm sure you'll pass with flying colours. I feel so slack when I read "17 months of work".... I've been slogging at mine for nearly 7 years, isn't that terrible!!?? The time's just flown by and I've put in thousands of hours ... maybe I've gone a bit overboard. I'm on the last module too and can't wait to get it out of my hair. Loved doing it, but will be glad to get my life back and be able to do my own designs once again.
    Enjoy your wine ...you certainly deserve it.
    PS: HOpe you will continue blogging.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks Julie. I have learned that there are many, many versions of the C&G and this was a relatively quick one to be done in 2 years. I have much admiration for those of you who take on the bigger ones!! Good luck with your last module.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well done; enjoy some well deserved you-time.

    ReplyDelete
  8. HooRah! Doesn't it feel good to get a task accomplished!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fantastic news, Amo! Well done!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting, it is much appreciated. I will email you back so please check you are not a no reply blogger.