Sunday, 26 February 2012

We Have Heating!

New boiler was installed on Friday and there is now copious amounts of hot water.  Of course the heating has been off most of the time because it's just been too warm to come on!  We're not complaining though. 

I had some red paints left over from a Flora Bowly session (I've managed to do 2 of them so far!) so didn't waste them and put them to use in the sketchbook.

The little bits of embellishing from the last post had extra stitch and beading added.  They are now in their A5 cards and cellophane wrappers and in the charity stall box. 

In the evenings I have been knitting this little cardigan.  I am often sitting up in bed until silly o'clock because of partial insomnia and wanted a little cardigan for in bed.  I hate the cold feeling that I have across the top of my shoulders and neck.  I chose this pattern because it is shorter in the length and I made the sleeves 3/4 length too.  I also didn't bother with all the buttons.  It's not bulky and just right to stay comfortable.  (Granny and those bed jackets was onto the right thing me thinks!)

The rugby is calling, I hope you have a great week.

.

9 comments:

  1. I can see lots of stitching possibilities with your painting. Granny was definitely right, I often wear an old cardigan in bed so you now have a nice smart one. The weather is so lovely. I know we need lots of rain but the sunshine and warmth is most welcome.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can certainly see layering of fabrics....

      I'm miles from being a granny, apart from to the dogs of course, but warmth and comfort should always be at the top of a girls list! lol.

      Delete
  2. Yay for the heating, and for the beautiful sea glass from the last post.

    My mum made me a bed jacket when i had my first baby, for night feeds. It measured (with arms stretched out) wrist to wrist wide by about 18 inches deep, and the two ends were narrower and stitched into a tube for about 6 inches. The tubes were the cuffs, and the rest kept back, neck and shoulders warm!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm over the moon with the glass, something you just have to have!

      Delete
  3. So you are the one responsible for this warm weather with your new heating and your pretty bed jacket. Very vibrant sketch book and lovely cards

    ReplyDelete
  4. I wish it were more seasonally cold, we could try it out then! It is one of these super dooper eco efficient ones. When we moved here there was a solid fuel boiler converted to burn oil by using gas fittings. Noisy, smelly, very expensive and as far from efficient as you could get.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Three very different things, yet all lovely. Love the vibrant sketchbook pages. Amazing embellishing with so much detail, and lovely cardy. Wish I could knit!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you lived just a tinsy bit closer Julie I'd pop over and show you how. :-)

      Delete
  6. Yea! For hot water! Love the bed jacket! Granny was right, they are just the ticket, even when reading in the recliner!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting, it is much appreciated. I will email you back so please check you are not a no reply blogger.