Saturday, 19 May 2012

Pulp Fact

This is Hector and Hebe.  They emerged this week.  Perhaps next week I might just put some clothes on them.  For now they are quite happy watching what I'm up to in the nuddy.  (Them that is, not me). 



The pulp in the post title referred to these sheets of paper.  I had a little play adding a touch of watercolour to some of the mush and flower petals to others.  All great fun but takes an age to dry!  

John and I are listening to an audio book together and I have to think of quiet things to do when it's on so these are just carved out of rubbers.  Not too sure how they will print, I will have a play later in the week.   

And word obviously spread about the snazzy nesting decor kit available.  Just as the first baby Greenfinches are flying, the Goldfinches seem to be looking at making a nest.  Better late then never I suppose.



Have a fabulous weekend and don't get too carried away with the Olympic torch and Jubilee celebrations!

8 comments:

  1. I love simple printing and so am really looking forward to seeing how the rubber print blocks work out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So am I! I have lots now, just not the courage to use them!

      Delete
  2. What an interesting read today. Love the nesting pic's. I could sit and watch birds for hours! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We're very lucky to have all our bird displays within a few feet of the house. That ball of fibres is on the trellis just outside my studio window and it always has feathered visitors.

      Delete
  3. H and H are looking fab! And and I love the homemade paper and stamps. Are you getting your audio books from audible? I've got a bit hooked!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know you a little trollish B!! lol

      I have the Audible reader on my iPad as it's easier to control the book but so far I've only used iTunes as they've had what I've wanted to read. It can be a little confusing though. I have the read ones on my Kindle for bed time, audio ones for me to listen to on my own and others I listen to with John in the afternoons. It takes a while to remember which one I'm in!

      Delete
  4. Thanks for your comment on my blog. I'm really envious of your nesting birds I have 3 nesting boxes in my garden they've been there for years, we get the occasional blue tit pop in,they turn up their nose and obviously nest elsewhere! We are probably in the wrong post code. Your nuddy dolls are brilliant, looking forward to seeing them dressed, good job the weathers warming up they could catch cold. The stamps must have taken ages.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Miriam. We're really lucky with garden and song birds, we currently have the most gorgeous song thrush just over the fence from the study doors and they sit on the fence with their butter yellow bibs and a beak full of worms. Wonderful. I will clothes make this week!

      Delete

Thank you for commenting, it is much appreciated. I will email you back so please check you are not a no reply blogger.