Thursday, 27 December 2012

And Relax

I hope you have all had a great Christmas with friends and family.  I know we have here including far too much to eat.  My poor joints are really playing up and I'm looking forward to a detox and going back into the gym in the new year.  

I said there were a couple of bits to show after Christmas, so here they are.  

A pair of large cushions made with tartan and Harris tweed for Elsa and Mike as they had a fair bit of fun in Scotland this year!! 

A tweed clutch wallet with red deer, again in the Scottish theme.

The laid scraps from a few posts ago ended up looking like this as a sketchbook cover.

And open.  Good colour match above, bad below.

Also, I ended up with 6 inch squares under the scrim.  It lent itself to making a grid for me so I will have something to stitch too.

Here are a couple of boxes with some of the other fabrics I will be using on the surface.  Pieces of couture fabrics, mostly silks and chiffons on the left and re purposed and over dyed silk on the right.

I had a lovely gift arrive from Benta at Slikstitches.  It's very useful and quite well used already!! Thank you Benta.

And these three were so good on Christmas day, as was Tully too but she seems to have been rather elusive in the photographs.

Oh no, there she is being a hoover under the table.  She did a very good job too.  

Next stop, next year!!

.

9 comments:

  1. Lovely creativity in this post Amanda and I particularly like the sketchbook cover. I have been very tempted to do Dijanne's Traveler Blanket project and will probably organise some sewing cloth and have a go 'off piste'. O hadn't heard of dommet before but I wonder whether an old flannelette sheet would work as well? I have some dyed scrim similar to yours that I was thinking would be useful for this sort of project as it's gorgeous colours and very soft. I hope your hand is not giving you too much gip today.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The cover was a gift for my arty partner in crime!!! She kept admiring mine and I was worried she was going to pinch it!! lol. Yes I should think an old sheet would be fine. The whole thing is meant to be soft to the hand and that certainly would be. I’m pleased to say the thumb is healing fast and I’m sewing away!!!

      Delete
  2. Looks like an awesome day was had by all, including the pups! Happy New Year to you and yours!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was fabulous, I hope yours was too. And Happy New Year too!!

      Delete
  3. It's so handy having a four legged Hoover that can get into those difficult corners! I love the cushions and all the other bits too, you have been busy! Hope your joints feel better soon, it can't be much fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She is a little angel at clear up, but we have been careful with the fruit cake and mince pies!! Joints are stiff from too much wheat stuff and general over indulgence, hence why I couldn’t use a knife properly and cut my thumb too! All on the mend though.

      Delete
  4. So glad it arrived safely! Thank ou so much for my Christmas decoration, your beading is so intricate!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lots of wonderful creative work there - you have been busy!! Hope you had a great Christmas

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting, it is much appreciated. I will email you back so please check you are not a no reply blogger.