Sunday, 2 December 2012

The First West Country Quilt Show

The show was from 29th November to 1st December 2012.  Unbelievably it was only three months from the start up to the actual show!  Perhaps a little soon but I guess they all have to start somewhere.

I saw the advert in the last edition of Workbox magazine and thought why not.  So I entered the appliqué quilt 'Sunset' I made for my City & Guilds.

'Sunset' 20" x 33"
 As you can see it won first in the Small Wall Hanging section and then went on to win Overall Runner-up!  Really over the moon.





I wasn't called to say I had a first but I did see a small photo of it on Facebook where it had ribbons.  I couldn't make out what the ribbons were though so it was a lovely surprise when we arrived yesterday to pick it up.  Even lovelier was when the lady who was taking them down asked if I had picked up my goodie bag!!

How nice is this little lot!

I have a terrible throat and have lost my voice several times and I'm struggling to find things to take for it but what a lovely way to start December!!! So glad I made the effort now.

.

18 comments:

  1. And you deserve it! A little gem, truly a little gem of a quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh well done to you. It is a lovely piece. I am disappointed that it wasn't on today as I had planned to go. Just as well that I checked first and didn't just go. Hope that throat is feeling better.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did find it strange that it didn't cover the Sunday too. I think it was all done a little last minute so perhaps they will improve by next year.

      Delete
  3. Congratulations on a well deserved win!
    I'm sorry I didn't know about this - I would love to have gone!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hopefully they will be doing again next year and have a longer run up to it! It's a good venue, plenty of space and great lighting.

      Delete
  4. Congratulations, your quilt looks lovely, and has some amazing free machine quilting!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Cath. It was one of those lovely little quilts that did itself really! It's always good when they know what they want to be.

      (I have sent you an email but you are coming up as a no reply blogger.)

      Delete
  5. Wow! Double Wow! The detail looks wonderful. Fabulous work Amanda and a well deserved win. I hope you're soon over this horrible bug.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Julie. Bug looks set in for a bit. I don't think I have ever had so much pain in my throat!!! Need sleep.....

      Delete
  6. Congratulations, well deserved too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Maggi. It's nice our little quilts have had an airing after the course isn't it!

      Delete
  7. Major congratulations! Awards well deserved! Voice rest, increased humidity, and lots of fluids (hot tea) are the best things for laryngitis! Feel better soon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Maggie. Day 5 and I think there is a bit of change. I’m doing the fluids, when I'm not sleeping that is!

      Delete
  8. How lovely for you! Over the moon and over the sunset too! Well deserving of the recognition.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol!! This is true, and thank you.

      Delete
  9. Congratulations, it looks wonderful with all your texture and stitches. It is all the hours you spent making it being recognised and well deserved. I am sitting in the house wearing a thick woollen scarf, keep your neck warm, it really works as someone who used to really suffer with throat problems. Hope yours gets better soon, take care.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congratulations. Well deserved. Its absolutely stunning! Such a lot of work in it - its just beautiful. Hope you celebrated afterwards.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting, it is much appreciated. I will email you back so please check you are not a no reply blogger.