Friday, 30 November 2012

More Texture

I enjoyed my class with Alison Board last month so much I carried on playing for ages!  


I have experimented with mountboard, papers, lutrador, Khadi, scrim, calico to name but a few.


Some have been burnt away, others re layered and, like the little book covers I showed, some can be stitched through.


The way all the texture hold the paints is fabulous.


This is moulding paste through stencils.


Skeleton leaves. yarns, fabrics, foil and texture paste.


Today I seem to have woken up not feeling on the bright side of things, yet again!  John has had a very nasty bout of this cold which is going around that will not leave him and it appears we may now have to share.  I'm a little worried about taking the usual cold flu remedies as I took one dose last night and my stomach has been hurting rather badly since. I do not want another ulcer before Christmas so I will be avoiding taking more.

Sometimes being a quilt maker has it's advantages even more than the usual.  I'm going to find one to wrap up in whilst I have a bit more of a play with some textures!

Have a great weekend.

.

6 comments:

  1. Some lovely playing there, hope you feel well enough to carry on!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Benta! I could become quite carried away doing this!!

      Delete
  2. Lovely work! I like the incorporation of the leaves to give texture to the work. Hope you feel better soon, I have to be careful which medications I take too, not easy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The leaves are delightful to use!! They just hold the colours wonderfully! And you’re right, it’s not easy. Especially with hidden things in some everyday medications. I will learn!!

      Delete
  3. What fun! Hoping John gets over his cold and you shake this not feeling well! No ulcers for Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not doing too well on the shaking off at the moment but working on it!!

      Delete

Thank you for commenting, it is much appreciated. I will email you back so please check you are not a no reply blogger.