Tuesday, 8 January 2013

Dragon Ho!

I had a finish yesterday.

You may remember a pile of my hand dyed fabrics at the bottom of this post here back May(!!)  and a quick glimpse of some stitching on this post here  in October.  Well this is what I was aiming at.


The three panels are connected and measure 48 x 34 inches.

Of course Roger Dean's 'Morning Dragon' had a small influence, the joy in that painting from the book Magnetic Storm has been with me for 30 or so years.  Chris recently found my original copy of the book and it sparked a quilt.  

I suppose the sleeping dragon in his cave at the bottom is perhaps more Smaug, but don't all dragons have piles of treasure to sleep on?   



We have it hanging now but there are still a couple of tweaks I could do to it.  For now it's finally off my wall and I can perhaps think of other things!!

.

13 comments:

  1. Absolutely gorgeous! You're very talented!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! this is stunning - I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! That's pretty spectacular.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are a clever sausage. Love the beading and some great quilting on there I see. Well done on a finish.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's beautiful Amanda and so well executed. An expert piece! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a fab trio, a delightful finish!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is a wonderful piece! Your use of beads is amazing....adds so much texture and interest to these fantastic "beasts". Sometimes the good things take a while to get to this place of a just right finish.

    Kristin

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you all. It was a fun piece, least of all for having to figure out things like the organza wings! I'm very pleased it's off my design wall now though. I think I will go back to it at some time for a tweak or two.

    ReplyDelete
  9. It's truly beautiful, I love the way that you have designed it in three sections but have subtly linked them together. A very clever piece of work.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love it! Especially the sleeping dragon at the bottom.

    ReplyDelete
  11. You've been busy with dragons, me with crocodiles! Bit of a reptile theme going on here! At least your dragons don't need people inside them!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gosh you have been busy, and all your finished work looks amazing.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting, it is much appreciated. I will email you back so please check you are not a no reply blogger.