Friday 21 June 2013

A Finish, Finds and That Treasure!

First the finish.  I decided to use the second batch of Collinette yarns up as granny squares.  This actually turned out larger than the other one here.


Tully has dognapped this one too.  She's a right little minx when it comes to anything snuggly.  Mind you she is allowed to be at the moment.  She ran into one of our blackthorn bushes after a bird and managed to puncture her eye.  Trip to vet and lots of drops.  She did look a little manic at one point with one widely dilated luminous green eye but all the lotions and potions have worked and she is doing fine and still has her eyesight.  Just!
Do you like the jumbo tassels?

A few of the beach finds.  I love the squared off or rectangular rocks from the beach, the extremely thin oyster shell that shines and the baby scallop shells.  Probably not very exciting to some of you but when you have manicured beaches like we have here it's lovely to find Mother's treasure.


On one beach there were only shells.  No sand at all just crushed shell.  The bright yellow ones are lovely and I may just put them in a jar of their own.  And can you see it?  The treasure??  My Spanish gold???  
Ok I know its only 20 cent piece but it is gold colour and from Spain.  I did have John's heart racing for a while though.  

And don't you just love the variety of colours in the simple limpet? 

And a fab rock.  I do hope I'm not the only one who has things call and need to be brought home.  I know a lot of places ban it and I can understand very much why!  (Those are centimetre squares, not inches!)

Back at home I found this little nest on the drive on the way out the other morning.  All twirled in moss and horse hair.  As we drove out there were Jackdaws outside next door eating eggs so it was probably them that also pulled the nest out.  I hate corvids and spend a lot of time discouraging them from nesting in our garden.  The garden birds have priority here!!


A quick look online and it seems to be a Chaffinch nest.  Prettied up with feathers on the outside.  None of the bits I put out though, that's usually taken by the Sparrows and Goldfinches first.

And the bat box swarm seem to be (bee ha ha) settling in well.

John's off fishing today and I'm going to make a list of things I must do.  Doing them is something else though.

Have a great weekend! 

,