Wednesday 9 April 2014

They Fledged!

This morning I was nowhere near my studio for ages and when I did pop in I saw these faces looking at me. They were quite active and having a few wing stretches. 


Then Elsa arrived with Olivia and we decided to sit in there as it's always nice and sunny and full of things Elsa wants to look at.  Whilst I was facing away Elsa said one was near the edge just as it few and hit the window!  Obviously I didn't have the camera ready for that but I was a bit worried about it hitting the window!  I couldn't see it anywhere so it must have made it into the bushes.

I managed to grab the camera for this blurred shot of No 2 about to leave.

 And then again as it tried to fly along the window.

Eventually it landed in the Quince.

Looking quite stunned with it's achievement and probably a little cold after the nice cosy nest with it's siblings.


No's 3 and 4 looking like Tweedledum and Tweedledee wondering what they are supposed to be doing.

Really not too sure at all!

So a parent flies in to encourage them with no food to offer.  Perhaps they'd better get a move on.

Which then works!

The parents are still flitting about and I saw one encourage one of the babies under a gate and on into the back garden.  I hope No 1 is ok.  I still don't want to go out there yet and check, (or clean the windows!), and maybe find out if there actually was a No 5 like we first thought. Luckily we don't have cats anymore and nor does the neighbour.

Fingers crossed for their onward flights. We have really enjoyed being a part of the wonderful event and feel more than lucky that we were here at the first flight too.  And don't forget you can click on the pictures for larger ones.


.