Thursday, 4 December 2014

One or Two Bits

Forgive me fellow Bloggers for I have been lax.  It has been a whole month since I last posted, not that you've missed me I'm sure! Like a lot of you out there, at this time of year especially, I really don't know where the time goes!

Anyway, it's just a quick hello to you all as I've missed you.  I've not been anywhere or done much.  There are a couple of bits in the Christmas pile that I will show after they have been given and I finished another cardie and forgot the photos.

I have completed the course with the Embroiderers Guild, had to go back to a Level 1 as it's with a different organisation but that's understandable, I now have my first cert in Machine Embroidery.



Most of it was great fun and I enjoyed doing the samples etc but one project subject just would not work for me.  I learned to put it aside and move on!

Obviously I can't show you too much as this is a paid for course and it wouldn't be fair but these are a couple of my pieces.

The felting seems to have come to a halt.  I am struggling with the patience needed for it!  It also hurts my wrists and after snapping the tendon earlier in the year the pain can be quite severe.  Maybe I will pick it up again after Christmas as it has actually moved on to the more exciting bit of 3D items.

I have started another Compendium. It's letting me know what it needs rather than planning.


It's been a few years since I did one, in the way back whens of Windows computers etc.  I see there's a tutorial by Kate Crossley on WOW at the moment, very spooky!! But I like a couple of her ideas and will perhaps use them but she does use pre made boxes, I always construct from scratch and love it. I've never seen her work before so had to look it up.  Very exciting!

And last but far from least I had some serious sewing to do.


Poor Ellie pup's Tiggy Teddy had a little hole and needed surgery.  She watched every stitch and was very relieved to have him back.


I hope your Christmas preparations are going well.  Have a great weekend, we're sitting Olivia while Mum and Dad run races!


.





6 comments:

  1. Nice to hear from you and see bits of what you've been working on. I've had some lapses in my blog as well - maybe that's just normal after keeping one for as long as we have.

    I have to say, the wait was worth it to see the pics of the dog - priceless!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello again ! Dare we ask about progress on the house? The boxes are looking good, looking forward to seeing that creation evolve. I was about to laugh at you doing repairs for the dogs? Then realised its no more laughable than when I make quilts for the cats so I'll shhhhh!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My year of delivering more content certainly has not delivered so back to the drawing board on that word. Better luck in the future. At least you are still stitching and congrats on the certificate.x

    ReplyDelete
  4. My year of delivering more content certainly has not delivered so back to the drawing board on that word. Better luck in the future. At least you are still stitching and congrats on the certificate.x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice pieces from your certificate work, I particularly like that first one. Looks like you made Ellie one very happy dog.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations on your certificate Amanda, well done. Love your work, and had a big smile about Tiggy. Ellie's eyes, whilst you were fixing it, were incredible.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting, it is much appreciated. I will email you back so please check you are not a no reply blogger.