I sent off for a kit being sold by Workshop on the Web to go along with one of it's articles by Lynda Monk. It was using a thermofax screen. I've never had one before and just wanted to see what all the fuss was about. I liked the process, no I won't be buying a machine, and enjoyed making some leaves.
These are them painted up pre adding a bit of gold.
I then stitched them to a wreath I had sprayed into Autumn colours and wrapped with a bit of sparkley yarn.
I stitched out some extra leaves onto wash away stabiliser.
When washing out the goo I left some in so they would hold their shape when I pinned them out to dry.
The oak ones were paired up and some wooden beads added.
I then stitched the lot to the wreath adding more beads as I went. I was after a woodland floor effect.
I think there needs to be a bit more of a contrast somewhere but for now it is hanging out in the porch and I have a clear space on my desk! Only a miniscule one though.
Photos are larger when you click.