Saturday, 18 December 2010

One Minute Thirty


Yes it snowed, where hasn't it!  I just thought I would show you this short clip of two of the bird feeding stations in the front garden.  It's not great but they do show up better against the snow.  The garden is like this nearly all the time most days!



Just in this are Chaffinch, Greenfinch, Goldfinch, Robin, Dunnock, Bramling, Sparrow, Blackbird, Starling and Blue, Coal and Great Tit.

Those missing are Pigeon and Dove, Pheasant, Song Thrush, Woodpecker and the Longtail Tits.  Already been and gone for the moment but they will be back. 

7 comments:

  1. How marvelous to have that right outside your window! Our new home is in a new subdivision with not many trees. We get a doves, sparrows, and junkos. I miss the beautiful cardinals and blue jays from our old home.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very good this clip. Snow also in my garden and the birds search for their feed. Chickadees, red throat, jays, sparrows.... succeed at the manger.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The birds are desperate with everything covered in snow, they certainly appreciate being fed. Hope you are keeping cosy and warm, its very beautiful if you don't have to travel.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Of course just after I filmed it (on little camera) all the big guns turned up! I wasn't going to bore you all with another film, and that one took 45 minutes to upload.

    The birds here are like this year round snow or not. I think we spend more on bird food than we do on dog and cat food! And the blackbirds have been doing acrobatics trying for the berries on the pyracantha's too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lucky you! We have starlings, sparrows and a blackbird. All my neighbours seem to have cats (one neighbour has four!), all of whom use my garden as their private convenience - so not many birds for us...

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are certainly getting a heap of snow there. Stay safe and enjoy Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh lucky you...we get very few birds around here.
    When I feed the blackbirds they leave quite a mess behind for me to clean up!!!!
    Stay cosy.....and Happy Christmas!!
    Linda x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting, it is much appreciated. I will email you back so please check you are not a no reply blogger.