Wednesday, 29 December 2010

The Week Of Thoughts

I always like this week of the year. All the frenzy of the Christmas period has just left and there's the excitement of the New year just waiting around the corner. I like the fresh page feeling.

I've never been one for resolutions, I don't like the thought of always setting goals too high and failing. I have been considering the year ahead quite a bit over the past few days though.

I have very naughtily put on nearly two stone this past year and I really have to do something about it. I know my knee has stopped me being too active and, as a last straw, my back went on Sunday as I was making the bed. I am not going to say I am going to go on a mad fitness regime and loose the two stone, I AM going to do my best to be more active and be more moderate and considerate in what I eat.

The other area I would really like to change is my fabulous ability for procrastination! I can sit for hours looking at other peoples lovely work and think 'I wish I could do that' and know I have the time, so why don't I just start?

Well on the last matter I did decide to make a start. White Nights has been hanging over the banister for months and I do have the machine to quilt it I just kept putting it of. I asked Mike to help me put the extra length on the studio frame on Monday and I loaded it with the top etc. Yesterday afternoon I had some time to start so off I went. AND IT FEELS GOOD!!!

Here's Ari in her 12+ foot mode with just over half the quilting done.




Now no more delay, I'm going to finish the top and sort the binding before John comes back from fishing. Maybe I will have it on the bed before New Year!


-Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

6 comments:

  1. Good luck with making the changes that you want to. Sorry to hear about your back and hope that it improves soon. Can't wait to see White Nights quilted.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not good about the back. Loosing the 2 stone would definitely help. I often need to wait for the creative muse to strike, and then it seems I will work for hours and get lots of things done.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, that IS impressive! Do you need a job? LOL ! Take it easy with your back. Jacky x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I too like the idea of a fresh new year, no mistakes and lots planned. Good luck with yours and 'see' you in 2011!
    love
    Lyn
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good for you! I think it was Mark Twain who said you should eat a frog for breakfast, then the day can only get better. You are getting the frog done - and I'm sure you'll feel better for it:-)

    Benta

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hope the back improves soon. A big Well Done for making that start - and good luck re. the additional pounds, I find myself in a similar situation thanks to a chocolate habit in addition to the G&T!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting, it is much appreciated. I will email you back so please check you are not a no reply blogger.