Saturday 15 January 2011

Yesterday I Was Dying ;-)

I haven't dyed properly with Procion MX dyes before.  I've done a little with Dylon in the micro and had good results, but this was the real deal!

Would these mushy bags of colour actually turn into anything?


Of course!   Yay!!  I had twelve colours in the starter kit I bought from Debbie but I was supposed to be making a basic colour wheel so only used the red, blue and yellow as they were and as mixes to make the secondary colours.


I also threw in two types of mercerised cotton threads I had and, just to see how they would take the colour, some cotton parcel twine (white) and some beading hemp (mid tan). I was quite please with these too.

I think I may have another go at it later next week as I think the violet could be pinker and the green stronger.  I also have some linens and other bits I want to try too.

As well as Lisa's beading class, I have also been taking part in the Kim Klassen Skinny Mini Photoshop Elements course this week, (see button on the right), though I do have one night's work to catch up on.  I have had Elements on the computer for at least 8 months and every time I open it I have a quick look and then close it again before I start screaming in terror.  This week I have used layers!! AND adjustments!!!!! Kim runs these free little taster courses on a regular basis and they really are a great stepping off point.

Also this week Erin Russek has started her latest appliqué BOM with her beautiful design My Tweets, (also see button on the right).  I am strangely attracted to her use of colours, which is scary!  You know how I seem to like dark, strong and moody colours, well hers are fresh and vibrant and summery and I, yes me, am going to have a go at using similar colours too, not just because it will be easier to choose but to try and change a habit of a lifetime!   I also need some handwork for the evenings and take-outs.

Also a quick note that the RSPB Big Garden Bird Watch is at the end of this month too.  In the wind we have at the moment the garden is virtually empty.

Now to find something for dinner, slimming of course!  Have a good weekend.


.