Sunday, 9 May 2010

Finished Something

At last! 

I pulled out the stops this morning and finished the embroidery sampler from Stitch magazine.




I haven't done pulled thread work before and enjoyed it.  Losing the Mother of Pearl buttons had me actually tidying my work desk, but at least I found them again.

I don't know what happened to the weather.  It's cold, we've had the fires lit for two days, the garden looks miserable even though it's trying to be early summer.

Time to go and dig out another UFO!!  And cook the Sunday roast of course.  And maybe open a bottle of wine....

6 comments:

  1. This looks wonderful! I'm rubbish at knitting and sewing, so I can't imagine how you would go about creating what I guess you refer to as the pulled thread work - it looks so intricate!
    Your 'found' buttons look great too.
    Weather is a bit chilly this neck of the woods too after last week.
    Enjoy your wine!!
    Dan
    -x-

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks so lovely. I do like to see the projects in Stitch made up (usually by other people!) The temperature here went up by about five degrees today so I even ventured into the garden.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pretty! I can see why you wanted to find the buttons, they look totally at home there.

    ReplyDelete
  4. this is awesome I love the colours you've used :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a lovely sampler of the stitches, I like doing pulled thread work and this is a very elegant sampler.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you Ladies. I'm almost finished with the other one in that issue and the next one is about to drop through the letter box! I'm hoping it's not as full of yummy things to do as I'm running out of time on other projects!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting, it is much appreciated. I will email you back so please check you are not a no reply blogger.