Friday 23 April 2010

And Not a Lot Else Happened

Can you believe I have this lovely new machine to play with and it's just sitting there looking at me expectantly.  I seem to have had one of those days just faffing around and the time has just gone.

I saw my knee surgeon on Wednesday evening and after x-rays he seems happy it's not arthritis but I have to have an MRI to look at the cartilage.  The pain is different to last time he operated and in a different place.  He still made me squeak to the ceiling when he found the spot though! I hate the slower pace and the afternoon aches in it.  It doesn't help that my sewing room is upstairs and the last three steps up are usually agony.  We'll see what next soon.

I've dyed bubbles today.  Hard to explain but I needed some bubbles and they came out OK.  I can't say I'm in love with them, but they'll do for now.  I've had a bit of a disappointment with another part of a wall quilt I'm working on and this is a substitute.  Never the same as that first spark of inspiration is it?

The Building Inspector wasn't happy about a pad stone supporting the roof girders in the garage, or rather the lack of it, so that has to be looked into.

I think I need a G&T....