Tuesday 20 April 2010

Finished Arabesque.

This is it, finally done. 


This was a Quilt University course with Martine House and is a hand done piece with three types of appliqué, embroidery, needle lace, beading, quilting and trapunto. It's kept me quite on my stitching days with my Ladies!!

Thank you for the nice comments about the Journal quilts, tulips, (I think they are the only group Val, about 5), and the dyeing.  You're still not seeing the results just yet!! :-) 

Also I can't tell you how lovely it is to have someone who shows a genuine interest in what I'm doing.  John professes to have no artistic talents but to me his input is invaluable, probably because he has no preconceived ideas.  He asks plenty of questions about my projects when I think he hasn't taken any notice and has really been keen on the dyeing of the fabrics.  It's the little things that spur me on and him wanting to be a part of it all is wonderful.