Wednesday, 11 August 2010

SAH Robin Block 2

I wanted to link the two blocks so I started with a lower row of the 1 inch squares, added a piece of gold silk and layered with a pink and then blue organza. They are all stitched onto a piece of calico by machine outside the seam allowance. I want to do some hand stitching on the layers but that can wait until later.



Whilst I was uploading I also thought I would show you this little (4 inches) thank you card I made in the embellisher a couple of weeks ago. It should have arrived at its destination by now (if the post office hasn’t lost yet another item of mine) so should be safe to show.

4 comments:

  1. This little picture is wonderful. You have done an awesome job on the reef picture..I like the lacey effects and the little fish are gorgeous...did you do them by hand or machine.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I start with an odd piece of wadding and just scraps of fabric in the right colours and embellish until it looks right. This one I added some organza for sparkle them lace scaps. The fish and a little of the coral was on the sewing machine and finally some embroidery, French knots and beading.

    The hardest part was cutting the aperture in the mount board! It has a tucked flap on the back that pulls out to make a stand too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the layered silk and organza. The embellished card is great too.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting, it is much appreciated. I will email you back so please check you are not a no reply blogger.