Sunday, 20 December 2015

Have you met Willow?

This is she doing, as John calls it, her best Claudia Winkleman impersonation.



She is the little girl we re homed back in September and she is quite the Ickle Pickle!!!  She often has several adventures a day.  Today's included taking out all my Finnish wool from it's bag and spreading it all over the house.

The other day she found one of my necklace mannequins, luckily without necklace, and decided to eat it.  I am in the process of trying to rescue it!



OK so it won't be as pretty as it was but I have a bit of a plan and for now it is gessoed and drying.

(Willow is a lovely dog and has the sweetest nature.  Her mischievous side has been a steep learning curve after having such well behaved dogs but she is very much worth the effort and, as we are her 5th owners in her 2 years of life, we are more than willing to give her a little slack. )

I also laid out another blanket base.

After embellishing so far.

It still has a long way to go until I'm happy with it but these things take a while before they are integrated.

I did do a little stitching on this one too having found it where it was buried under last weeks coursework.

A nice surface to stitch.  Now tonight do I carry on with a little stitching, do some knitting or carry on with the magazines?

9 comments:

  1. Awwwwwww Willow is so sweet! She's just bored otherwise she wouldn't get into mischief! Mine will grab hubby's papers or my papers off the computer or just drink out of my glass on the coffee table - regardless of what's in it. She's had wine, coffee and margarita's so far! HA So glad you are giving her some of the love she so deserves! Kudo's to you and hubby!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's not so much boredom as SA when she can't find or get to me. She is becoming better each day though and I can actually leave the house if John is here and everything is out of her reach!

      Delete
  2. Oooh, I do like the landscape! The new mannequin looks organic - love it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was certainly turned into organic by Willow. It was rerouted and deposited on the lawn!!

      Delete
  3. Love that last felt piece, reminds me of Michael Morgan's work.

    It's hardly surprising that Willow has her issues if she's been through that many owners already. I'm sure that she'll do well with you once she settles down and realises that you are staying in her life.

    Have a lovely Christmas and New Year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He has very influential work! Have a lovely time too.

      Delete
  4. Oh, poor darling, five owners in 2 years? Poor little lass, thank GOODNESS she now has you and John.

    When we took in Ollie so many years ago we were his 5th home in 8 months (including the damn Irish puppy farm he was bred in). He was never perfect, never completely recovered from his rough start but oh boy, was he a character.

    Our current girl is also a rescue and is so deeply bonded to me that she too has SA when I am not around. She's getting better though - it's taken three years so far.

    Christmas blessings from our house to yours :-}

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, we're seeing changes in her slowly. She also had advanced pyometra when she went in to be spayed and we're lucky to still have her. I think a lot of her initial issues weren't exactly helped be that either. Hope you've had a peaceful Christmas up there and the weather isn't battering you too much.

      Delete
    2. Oh, poor baby. Had someone tried to use her for breeding or is it because she had not yet been spayed? As you say, a long-standing infection like that would not have helped her at all.

      She does look an absolute darling (ignoring the propensity for remodeling your necklace stands) and I look forward to future posts showing how she is blossoming into the lovely confident girl she deserves to be. I would think that that finding herself part of a stable and secure 'pack' with the other dogs will also help her.

      Delete

Thank you for commenting, it is much appreciated. I will email you back so please check you are not a no reply blogger.