Sunday, 6 December 2015

Small Finishes

Today has been nice and quiet here.  I managed to make some cord and paper and tyvek beads for a purse.

The purse is a part of my coursework which has now been sent off with several other things.  

Yesterday, while down at Lulworth, I bought several fossils for a future project and this gorgeous palm sized piece of Labradorite.  It looks so lovely on my desk I made it a little cushion so I can admire its flashes of colour. Labradorite tempers the negative side and focuses the energy and thoughts so perhaps it is very much needed in a studio! 

All holiday washing is done and put away so the new week starts a fresh tomorrow.  Have a great week! 




10 comments:

  1. The beads and purse are creative and attractive.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. Another tick in the coursework box anyway.

      Delete
  2. Workmanship looks wonderful! Love the beads!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the beads and the purse. (Beads - oh dear, don't get me started again!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol Hilary!! Is there ever enough really??!!??

      Delete
  4. A very nice collection of beads. I have a few from my first experiment with tyvek and don't know what to do with them. You have given me an idea - they are a great addition to your little bag.

    Hmmm - I may have to look for some Labradorite myself if it really does have those properties! Gorgeous little cushion you've made for yours.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's great how you can layer up the Tyvek with threads or fabric that reflect the project and it all ties in.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The beads are fab colours! And the cushion for your stone is a great idea, But the stone looks so tactile I think it would live in my hand!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It does feel nice to hold. Can look into it for ages too.

      Delete

Thank you for commenting, it is much appreciated. I will email you back so please check you are not a no reply blogger.